Meyer collection of concert and theater programs
The Meyer collection consists of concert and theater programs and newspaper clippings primarily from German and Polish (Wrocław, then Breslau) theaters, operas, and symphonies, although there are also some from France, Austria, Switzerland, and Hungary. The majority of the material in this collection dates from 1911 to 1932, with some earlier and later pieces.
- 1862 - 1936
- Majority of material found within 1911 - 1932
This collection was donated to the Max Reinhardt Archive of Binghamton University’s Special Collections in October, 1983 by Arthur A. Cohen (1928 - 1986), American scholar, author, publisher, art critic, theologian, and dealer in rare books. The collection was originally formed by the exiled bookseller “Mr. Meyer” of Rochester, one of the founding members of the Maximilian-Gesellschaft, an organization founded in 1911 aiming to promote book science, book design, and bibliophilia in general. As is general practice and as it was not part of original purchase of the Max Reinhardt Collection, this collection remains a separate entity.
2 Linear Feet (Two (2) .5 LF boxes, one (1) flat oversized box.)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donated by Arthur A. Cohen, 1983.
- Bethany Maloney (Student Assistant)
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description